Exceptional Location For Work-Life Balance
There is no denying that work plays a significant part in all of our lives. Don't miss this opportunity to create your own balance between working and lifestyle with this enduring federation style home within Grafton's inner city limits. Two businesses have been run successfully out of this property over the past 15 years (a private valuation firm followed by an exclusive private suite accommodation business) simultaneously whilst raising their own family within the same building. If you have considered working from home now more than ever, this iconic residence is well positioned to cater for your every need.
The master suite area with a second private entrance provides options as an office, B&B, a teenagers retreat, grandparents lodging/ retreat or as a rental opportunity. Imagine stepping away into your own private home office, filled with all these character features with its own private separate access from the front veranda.
"Penhale" at 13 Mary was architecturally designed by Grafton's first architect Frederick W.C Schaffer in 1904 for Welford John Earnest Johnson and makes a significant contribution to the architectural and historical fabric of the Grafton Urban Conservation area and is one block from uninterrupted views of the Clarence River. Designed with dominating elegance catering for whatever climate it was to endure. Perfectly located on a prominent corner site where the historical Biblical Fig (MORACEAE) show cases and is listed in Clarence Valley Councils significant tree register as "A Ficus Religious".
Superbly maintained, restored and renovated throughout in-keeping with the original features. This welcoming home offers a lifestyle that is unique and very special, right in the heart of Grafton. From the moment you step beyond the white picket fence you are greeted with timeless charm and character that have been blended together with understated modern touches that are unique.
● The extensive use of beautifully designed pressed metal for ceilings and walls and the wrought iron is refreshingly different.
● The grand interior has 12ft soaring high press metal ceilings.
● The amazing central long hallway show casing the press metal ceiling with wrought iron ceiling roses.
● Wrought iron balustrading on the front veranda and under the bull nose exterior is a statement to the era.
● Transom windows in the hall way and bedrooms is an expression of its architecture designing for natural light and airflow.
● Cedar windows and coloured lead light glass.
● Complimented with polished timber floors all throughout. All original timber except the open plan living area.
● Warm and inviting interiors enhanced by an original working fireplace in the lounge room.
● Five gorgeous bedrooms, in character of the home. Each with ceiling fans and master with air conditioning.
● Two bedrooms with fireplaces and all have cedar French doors opening onto the verandas. Two of the bedrooms feature all press metal walls and ceiling, one has timber walls and ceiling and the other press metal ceilings.
● The well-appointed kitchen with timber cupboards showcases a stunning original internal sand stock brick features the old fire place and chimney cavity. Miele oven and five burner Siemens gas cook top and dishwasher.
● Air conditioned open-plan spacious formal and casual living, dining and sitting areas are complimented by timber floors and lead out to the deck entertaining area and pool.
● Fully covered 8 x 6.6m outdoor entertaining area with glass fencing overlooking the 11.2m salt water swimming pool. Simply perfect for making memories with family and friends. There is also an outdoor shower and toilet in the external laundry within the pool yard.
● The master bathroom features a claw foot bath, shower, double bowl vanity & views to the pool. There is also another fully equipped bathroom for added convenience.
● Double lockup garage and gated carport adjacent. You can also fit another three vehicles in front of the garage off the street.
● The backyard and flat lawn is great for kids to play or to indulge a green thumb veggie garden.
● Gas heating in open plan living area and main lounge room.
● Two relaxing front veranda's that brings the outdoors in with historical wrought iron balustrading.
Situated in a premium family location, in the heart of a sought after community only a short drive to Yamba and popular north coast beaches. This home is just moments from trendy cafe's, boutique shops, restaurants, medical facilities and school bus to the front door.
This exquisite property is truly one of a kind. Contact Tyler Marsh or Derek Morgan at Dougherty Property.
- By appointment
Floor Plan #1
13 Mary Street, GRAFTON